Terms and Conditions
All digital images on this website must be used only for educational, non-commercial purposes for research or teaching.
Any and all content must be attributed to the National Japanese American Historical Society, Inc.
For use of digital images or for ordering high resolution scans of photographs, maps, please follow below:
- All requests must be made in writing by agreeing to the Photographic Reproduction Terms and Conditions and filling out the Digital Photo Reproduction & Use Form (PDF) and sent to Max Nihei, NJAHS Collections firstname.lastname@example.org. (See source notation in Digital File column). Research / processing fees and licensing fees will be assessed. See fee schedule
All high resolution images are not to be used in any manner without the expressed and prior written permission of the National Japanese American Historical Society (NJAHS). Such digital images must be used for non-commercial research, educational and personal/archival use only. Permission to reproduce images is valid pursuant to these Terms and Conditions and the written Permission Statement provided.
- Citations and sourcing of such files must ultimately abide by the copyright policies set forth by the National Japanese American Historical Society, Inc. These images may have donor, copyright or other restrictions. Permission to release images for digital reproduction of objects will be made on a case by case basis.
- Digital files at your requested resolution in your requested filetype (JPG, PNG, TIFF, etc.) can be burned to DVD and sent by mail or sent by email.
- Requests for hard copies can be made but costs for processing and handling fees will apply.
- Allow for 2-3 weeks processing. Some photographs of objects can be retaken with a higher quality camera. Documents and photographs can be scanned for higher resolution.
Most photographs of objects in the database were taken at: 3456 x 2304 pixels, 300 dpi, jpg.
Maximum resolution of photographed objects NJAHS can provide: 6000 x 4000 pixels, 300 dpi, jpg, tiff.
Most documents and photographs in the database are presented at: 1500px along the long edge, 300 dpi, PDF.
Most documents and photographs were originally scanned at: 2800px along the long edge, 600 dpi, tiff.
Maximum DPI of the scanner: 2400 dpi. Pixels may vary based on the size of the object being scanned.